Letting us know you need help is perfectly normal and we believe all of our students and colleagues should be able to talk freely about their mental health and wellbeing. 
If you’re worried about your mental health and wellbeing there are a number of things you can do: 
  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can contact the emergency services on 999 (or 112 from a mobile phone).
  • Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. 
  • If there’s a friend, family member, member of staff, or colleague that you trust consider talking things through with them.
  • Trade unions are organised groups of workers who come together to support each other in the workplace or place of study. There are a number of trade unions at the University of South Wales. For staff there is UCU, Unison and GMB and for students there is the Students' Union.
  • Report a Mental Health Concern. Students and staff can report that they are struggling with their mental health using the University’s Mental Health Concern Form. A Wellbeing Adviser will review your form and get in touch to provide appropriate support. 

  • As a student you can also reach out to our  Wellbeing Service which offers a range of help and support. You can book an appointment with the Wellbeing Service, with a Wellbeing Adviser who can talk you through the support available.
  • As a staff member you can access support via the Staff Support Scheme, your manager or HR via HR Business Partner hrbusinesspartner@southwales.ac.uk
  • Seek External Support - There are a number of external specialist organisations that provide specialist support, including counselling. A list of organisations can be found here.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened